On 11/30/2018 I purchased two $100 gift cards from Athleta at the Roseville, MN Store. I gave the gift cards to my two daughters for Christmas.

When they went to use them, their balance was zero. I called customer service and was told the gift cards had been devalued and my only recourse was to have my credit card company dispute the charges. I called Store Relations the next day and was told the same thing. I emailed customer service and was told the same thing.

Keep in mind, I have the receipt stating that everything went through fine and payment was received. I do have my credit card working on the dispute, but it can take up to 13 weeks, plus with how unhelpful Athleta has been, I'm not confident they will be successfully credited. According to my Visa transactions, $200 was charged to my account and no credits have been received. Athleta has stolen $200 from me and is treating me like I've done something wrong.

It's unbelievable.

I have spent thousands of dollars at that store over the years, and I will now never walk foot in another Athleta Store again. I'd advise others to shop at Lulu Lemon instead!

Product or Service Mentioned: Athleta Gift Card.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

Never heard of them. Guess we don't have them here. But if I see one, I'll salute them for you with the international signal of disgust, the single finger salute.